Life Under the Staircase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Harry Potter roleplays.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Continuities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edgarallenclaw

Continuities Empty
PostSubject: Continuities   Continuities Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Just saying, we'll have to watch what kind of technological equipment we show in the series, because in the 90s no one had an iPod or an iPhone, and all the computers were dinosaurs. Probably no elmos either, we'll have to see if the school has any of those really old projectors you write on with expo markers and transparent paper should we choose to use that.
I suggest for clothing a lot of baggy clothing, flannel shirts, sweatshirts, and solid colors. This seems to be the style of the 90s, along with leggings and big tennis shoes. The internet will be a fantastic source for all of our costuming needs.
And big glasses. Don't forget those attractive things either Smile
If we're using the library, we'll have to make a card catalog, because there was no such thing as Destiny Quest (and card catalogs are annoying).
I doubt I've thought of everything, but more will come up as we progress through pre-production.
Back to top Go down
SnivellusSnape

SnivellusSnape

Continuities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuities   Continuities Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:24 pm

I agree with this but none of the classrooms in the school have those old projectors. I must say, however, that even in the films for Harry Potter none of the directors actually tried to stay relevant to the 1990s. Did you see the clothing a majority of the characters were wearing in the last movie? All of which was trendy to todays fashions. It's hard to tell those movies took place in the 1990s.
Back to top Go down
ThatRavenclawGirl
Admin
ThatRavenclawGirl

Continuities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuities   Continuities Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

I planned on trying my best to hide the modern technology. I'm not too concerned about the clothing though. All I am going to REQUIRE is that people don't wear band t-shirts, college t-shirts, harry potter t-shirts, or any other things series related. Solid colours and patterns are fine. I want to hold a cast of about 30 people. It needs to be consistent. I will also need ten of those people to be adults... seeing that we'll need teachers. Haha.
Back to top Go down
https://harrypotterroleplays.rpg-board.net
edgarallenclaw

Continuities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuities   Continuities Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I agree, none of it really was consistent. At least no one busted out their iPhone.
Back to top Go down
ThatRavenclawGirl
Admin
ThatRavenclawGirl

Continuities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuities   Continuities Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:02 pm

That's true.
Back to top Go down
https://harrypotterroleplays.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Continuities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuities   Continuities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life Under the Staircase :: The Northwest Institute of Magic-
Jump to: